The following come from the American Cleaning Institute for safely measures when doing laundry.
- Always close the laundry detergent container, box, bottle or flexible pouch immediately after use.
- Keep laundry products out of the reach of children and pets.
- Remember to keep products in their original container and immediately put them in a secure place after use.
- Read and follow all recommended instructions on the laundry product label prior to use. Knowing what to do if an accident occurs is important. Make it a point to keep the Poison Control Center phone number handy (1-800-222-1222).
- Clean up any spills, and immediately wash your hands and any items used to dispense or measure products.
- Questions about laundry products? Call the manufacturer using the toll free number on the product label, or visit their website for more information.