Here is a quick and handy little home made recipe for making your own carpet freshener. It is multi-use as well!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 10-20 drops essential oil
- Container with a shaker top
- Table knife
- Card stock and hole puncher
1. Add the 2 cups of baking soda to your container and then add the essential oils.
2. Use a table knife to stir in the essential oils to the baking soda.
3. Next, use cardstock and a whole punch to make your own shaker top.
4. Add a label and you have your own carpet freshener!
To use, simply sprinkle on carpet and let sit for 15 minutes to absorb odors. Then, vacuum it up. You can store this concoction under the kitchen sink – it neutralizes kitchen odors and can also be used to scrub sinks, pots and pans!
Enjoy and happy cleaning!